What are the Nickel REACH Consortia
The Nickel REACH Consortia have been created by the Nickel Institute to help manufacturers and importers of nickel and nickel compounds getting along with their REACH and CLP obligations.
- The activities of the Nickel REACH Consortia include:
- Registration (data sharing, data gathering and testing proposals; compilation of the Technical Dossier and of the Chemical Safety Report)
- Classification of substances according to the rules of the CLP Regulation, including eventual proposals for the harmonisation of classification and labelling if appropriate
- Follow up during the (eventual) Evaluation process, and collective response to any further request from information made in the context of an Evaluation
- Maintenance of the REACH Registration dossiers with respect to new scientific data, changes in hazard classification, or any new information related to uses or exposure scenarios
- REACH obligations NOT covered by the Nickel REACH Consortia include:
- Submission of the part of the Registration dossier specific to each Legal Entity of a Company
- Coordination of Legal Entities of a Company
- Communication down the supply chain, including the preparation of extended Safety Data Sheets
What are the substances covered by the Nickel REACH Consortia?